-->

Monday, January 13, 2014

Chronicles of a PC Parts Shopper - Introduction

Hello again bloggers! In the updating hiatus, this author has gained many insights into the world of computing and programming. Extremely exciting understandings of UML, Analysis, Testing Principles, Design Patterns, and more! It's sometimes difficult to find time to bring all back here, but this New Year of 2014, your author intends to do just that!

On that note, lets talk about something other than pure coding:

Hardware.

Yes we're talking about how to build your own computer.

For yours truly it was simple enough. As a gaming enthusiast, one of my favorites is the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Not only for the gameplay itself mind you, but for the ability to create your own spin on it via its excellent mod community and tools. Let me tell you, such a hobby will teach you a thing or two about testing discipline, watching out for inter-dependencies, and having a clear plan and backlog to discipline yourself with; a crucial aspect of system design once one graduates to the level of incorporating formal patterns and engineering concepts into their software.

But I digress.

I've never been much of a hardware kind of guy; I learned how to install a graphics card two years ago and that was it. Yet the need to continuously test eventually won me over into doing my research into the matter.  My, the things I have learned!

Where to begin this chronicle? As with any project, perhaps it best by dividing things into manageable chunks first, and working on it from there.

Between so I hope to share what I've also learned of advanced code concepts; ultimately reaching the point where I may present videos on a variety of different topics. Such is the sky to which this blog aims for. In time perhaps.

For now, let this post be our prospective preview into the Chronicles of a PC Parts Shopper.

Chronicles of a PC Parts Shopper

Where I Was With My Computing 
The First Graphics Card
Research Sites Best Found
Two Years Later - The Need to Expand
The Second Graphics Card
Attitudes to Take in CPU Shopping
Priorities Part I- The Foundation: Case and Power Supply
Priorities Part II- The Structure: Motherboard and CPU.
Priorities Part III - The Storage: RAM, HDD, SSD, and SSHDs?
Priorities Part IV - The Furniture: Operating System and Video Card

~David Noble Morris~

Growing a PC is like Growing a Plant, or a Slow Cooked Meal. So Enjoy the Journey and Take Pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment