-->

Friday, May 24, 2019

Virtual Box Optimization 2

Lately, I've grown very serious about the power of Linux.

I experimented with a couple of guides on how to optimize your virtual Linux experience and discovered that a workable environment is indeed doable. Unfortunately, I allocated my first successful Virtual Box to have a very small hard disk of ten gigabytes. So, I experimented with simply reinstalling the entire thing, only to suffer from additional issues.

Here, I roughly jot down lessons learned.

Environment:
Windows 8 -> Windows 10
C Drive: SSHD
D Drive: HHD
E Drive: SSD

Experiment #1: Installing Virtual Hard Disk onto a machine separate from the host Machine.

It is said that installing a virtual hard drive onto a separate (actual) disk (such as on disk D) would help spare resources. Unfortunately, it only appeared to lead to other issues. Though it installed at first, eventually, there were hang ups as it refused to start. Guides that I looked into implied that there are in fact, issues concerning having Virtual Box look for a VHD that is on another

Experiment #2: Reinstalling Virtual Box onto the external drive.

As such, I decided to do several experiments with a new SSD that I purchased for pure storage. I reinstalled VirtualBox to my E drive, but now all Virtual Machines refuse to start, including new virtual machines I make from scratch. Seems this blogger has a lot more lessons to learn, and will share them in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment